James Tarpey was born in Greenwich, and began acting while attending the BRIT School for Performing Arts.
James made his stage debut at the Obie Theatre, London, playing the title role in Sarah Nivan's adaptation of VERNON GOD LITTLE. James then went on to play the title role in the award-winning short film CALLUM, directed by Michael Van Der Put, which won the following:
- Best UK Short Film at the high profile East End Film Festival
- Golden Palm Award for Best Foreign Short at the Mexico International Festival 2012
- Best Student Film at the European Independent Film Festival
- Best Drama at ScreenTest 2012
- CALLUM was also selected as one of three finalists for the Rushes Soho Shorts Newcomer Award
You can view the film here. (Password: callumhd).
James has a number of projects currently awaiting release, including THE DROWNING OF ARTHUR BRAXTON and THE VESPA DIARIES.
Press for DNA:
"The standout feature of this production is James Tarpey, in the role of Adam... I immediately felt a strong emotional connection with the character. The role is relatively brief, but Tarpey's delivery is so infectiously emotive that it lingers in the scenes following his exit." Hanna Gilbert, Everything-Theatre
THE VESPA DIARIES
Felipe Torres Urso
Santa Lorena Film
THE DROWNING OF ARTHUR BRAXTON
THE BEAT BENEATH MY FEET
OUR ROBOT OVERLORDS
Pinewood Films; starring Gillian Anderson and Ben Kingsley
THE WORLD'S END
Young Peter Page
prod: Eric Fellner & Nira Park. Stars Simon Pegg & Nick Frost. Playing the young Eddie Marsan
Michael Van Der Put
See awards above.
FIRST LOVE IS THE REVOLUTION
Michael van der Put & Lawrence Chater
Brockley Jack Studio Theatre