We are are recruiting for a full-time accounts person to join our busy client accounting department, servicing the Actors division of our business. The candidate must be enthusiastic with a can-do attitude and enjoy working with numbers. Some knowledge of SUN accounting would be an advantage but is not essential as full training will be given.
Main duties to include:
- Dealing with monies received for the clients of the Actors division
- Processing of all fees to client’s accounts/ledgers
- Processing of client recharges
- Bank reconciliations
- Processing of all monies in various currencies
- Twice weekly payment runs
- Sending of overseas payments via our Coutts banking system
- Raising VAT invoices and chasing VAT payments on behalf of clients
- Liaising with clients/purchasers to solve queries
- Providing relevant account information to client’s accountants
- Journal postings/corrections
- Liaising with agents about incoming monies
- Other ad-hoc administrative duties as directed
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Analytical/keen eye for detail and accuracy a must
- Excellent organisational, written and verbal communication skills
- Fast learner
- Able to work unsupervised as well as part of a team
The role can be adapted to the level of experience of the candidate and the salary will reflect this.
Note: study support not provided.
We are committed to diverse, inclusive recruitment, regardless of disability, race, age, colour, national origin, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis.
Closing date : Monday 1st November
If you think you could be the right candidate, please send your CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marked CLIENT ACCOUNTANT in the subject header.
We offer two 6 month internships each year designed for those who have no previous experience either in talent management or related fields. These internships give the successful candidates the opportunity to experience life in an agency and a chance to develop skills and relationships within that arena.
We also offer a year-long internship in the role of office runner, which we advertise as and when the position is available. Offering general support to the company as a whole, this is a role where no week is ever the same – you could be running packages one minute to providing holiday cover on a busy Assistant’s desk the next.
Both are paid positions, on a salary which is commensurate with other entry-level jobs in the industry.
Because the number of applications we receive far outweighs the number of places, we are only able to accept them during a specific period of recruitment, which is advertised here, on Creative Access and the PMA website. We are unable to predict when that will be as often our interns secure permanent positions before the end of their contract. Please do not submit CVs outside of that time, as they will not be considered.
We no longer offer ad hoc work experience placements, instead focusing on our Intern Scheme, detailed above.
We do not accept applications or enquiries by telephone or requests for feedback.
We will store and process your personal information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for us to perform the services/activities we are undertaking and to comply with our legal and statutory obligations. At all times we will store and process your information in accordance with applicable data protection laws.